Custom Search

Monday, June 28, 2010

Reffarels

“After more than a decade of agricultural flying in Africa and in the United States, most of it in turbine aircraft and a few years of mosquito control operations, also in turbine agricultural aircraft, I was amazed at how much I learned in the simulator. I knew there was always more to learn when it comes to flying but I really thought I had the engine handling down pat. Well it didn’t take Andy long to expose some glaring gaps in my knowledge of the PT-6 engine and it didn’t take him long to bring me up to par. There are many situations that can or should only be replicated in a simulator, ranging from loss of oil pressure and hung starts to being caught in a thunderstorm. Experiencing these events in the simulator gave me much more confidence and peace of mind in my daily operations knowing I could handle emergencies and situations I would have been totally unprepared for before my simulator course. I went on the refresher course a year after my initial to bring me back up to speed and I again found that very worthwhile. You don’t want to be scratching your head trying to remember the procedure for an air start while the altimeter is unwinding. Take the course, I’m glad I did.”
Giovanni (Johnny) Falzoi, (Florida, USA)

“I have been flying turbine ag-aircraft since 1981 starting first with a 510 Turbo Thrush and PT6-34AG engine. In 2007 and 2008 I attended a flight simulator course in Orlando Fl, to satisfy a local aviation authority requirement. The course was on an Air Tractor 502 simulator. I always enjoy learning and adding to my knowledge and this course did not disappoint. Much time was spent on engine management, engine failures, air-starts, FCU override practice, along with flying situations such as upset recovery and dead stick landings. After thirty-six plus years flying it was great to be able to simulate all the situations and know the proper procedures to follow. The instructor, Andy Montague, along with being very personable, has many years experience as an aerial applicator. He has a wealth of information to offer, and is also open to student input. I recommend this course to pilots in the Ag business whether for initial transition to turbine aircraft or for seasoned pilots like myself who wish to hone their skills. Currently in my career I fly 550 Turbo Thrushes spraying(PT6-60AG) and AT-802 's (PT6-67AG) in both spraying and fire bombing roles and consider this course a definite plus”.

No comments:

Post a Comment